Instead of buying a boat, and sailing the high seas, you could just get Sea of Thieves on Xbox. We finally have a release date for this upcoming Exclusive, so let’s see if it’s going to be worth the hype!
- At first look, I thought Sea of Thieves was just gonna be a simple multiplayer game, and i take back what i said because there’s much more to it than that.
Microsoft must’ve seen the potential this game had way back then, because they snatched it up, and made it an Xbox Exclusive pretty quickly. Sadly, Sea of Thieves has been in closed beta for the past many months, but we finally got an official release date, and it’s on March 20th of 2018.
- Definitely not too far away, and let’s just hope it doesn’t get delayed.
As far as the game itself goes, i’m excited, and glad to see that Xbox is getting better Exclusives as time goes on. So if you’re wondering what Sea of Thieves is, it’s basically an open world multiplatform multiplayer game. What’s cool is that it’s one of the first games on Xbox that allows crossplay between Xbox One, and Windows 10 PC.
- Tearing down boundaries between gamers is always a good thing in my opinion, because at the end of the day we’re all part of one big gaming community.
Sea of Thieves is about exploring the massive open world either solo, or with a team of buddies, and going on voyages (quests) to find treasure. The cool thing about it though is that there’s a few different factions within the game which each have their own motives, and will reward you for going on voyage missions they give you. As you progress to a higher level pirate, you’ll gain harder, and more rewarding voyages. Since the game is online, there’s a decent chance you’ll run into other pirate gamer crews. What makes it thrilling is that you don’t know what their intentions are.
- Maybe they’re nice, and want to sail the high seas together?
- Or they could be the stereotypical pirates, and plan to blast a hole in your ship, and take all your hard earned loot.
- Who know’s, maybe you took that loot from other players?
- Something you may not have known: The water technology used in Sea of Thieves will eventually be brought to Player Unknown’s BattleGrounds!
Sea of Thieves looks like a promising next generation multiplayer game, and a great new Xbox Exclusive title. I’ll be back to do a full review once the game is released so stay tuned, and stay hyped!